Chamber Focus: The Journey to Disability Inclusion in Your Workplace
The Journey to Disability Inclusion in Your Workplace, presented by Allied Global Services.
- Review of what is considered a disability
- Understanding of both real and potential barriers to employment through the employee lifecycle
- Basic principals of how to and where to start a disability hiring initiative
- Tips and tools for removing barriers to employment
- Understanding of “self-identify” vs. “self-disclosure”
Andy Traub serves as Vice President of Human Resources at Allied Inclusionworks and Allied Global Services. Allied InclusionWorks is the first end-to-end solution, helping connect employers to talented job seekers who face challenges to employment including veterans, individuals with disabilities and fair chance candidates. He is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources, SPHR, SHRM-CSP, and is a nationally and internationally recognized leader in both disability and diversity employment. Over the past two decades, Andy has developed and implemented talent acquisition/ management for entities ranging from government to national employers, including Google, Best Buy, Walgreens, Office Depot, Toys”R”Us, Amazon, Starbucks, Sodexo and Kroger to name a few of the major brands. He was also lead consultant on the Workplace Initiative Team of the Poses Family Foundation to develop inclusion strategies for national employers receiving funding from the foundation.