The Congressional Forum is a 54 year institution, and the Chamber's public policy series, which features local, state, and federal representatives to speak about issues relevant to the area's business community.
Representative Sharice Davids speaks to the group as often as she can, but other guest speakers are often featured at the monthly forums.
This month's featured speaker is recently elected Unified Government of KCK & WYCO Mayor & CEO Tyrone Garner.
About Mayor Garner:
Tyrone A. Garner is the 31st mayor of Kansas City, KS and the 5th Mayor/CEO since city/count consolidation in 1997. Mayor Garner was sworn into office on December 13th, 2021. The mayor’s office is responsible for overseeing the official activities of the Unified Government, working in conjunction with the Board of Commissioners and the County Administrator.
Mayor Garner is dedicated to providing bold, visionary, decisive, engaged and community driven leadership to meet and exceed the reasonable expectations that the community has for its elected officials. His overriding goal is to work alongside community members to make all of Wyandotte County a great and safe place to live, work, and raise a family. Mayor Garner ran on a seven-point platform that he will use to guide the work that he does as your mayor. The seven points are:
- Visionary Leadership: Fostering unity, opportunity, and hope
- Engaged Leadership: Putting people over politics
- Fiscal Responsibility: Streamlined government and real tax relief
- Equitable Development: Investing in the disinvested
- Equitable Public Safety: Enhanced safety and authentic reforms
- Infrastructure Improvements: Upgrades for bridges, roads, sidewalks, and parks
- COVID-19 Recovery: Focus on resident health, education, poverty, small businesses, and jobs
For more info on Mayor Garner's Biography, please click here